Cruz v. LG Chem Ltd. et al.
Supreme Court of British Columbia
November 19, 2012
All persons resident in British Columbia who, during some or all of the period from January 1, 2002 to January 1, 2012 purchased Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries, or Products Containing Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries.
This proposed class action alleges that Defendants and their senior executives participated in illegal and secretive meetings and made agreements to fix, maintain, increase, and control the price for the supply of Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries and/or enhance unreasonably the prices of Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries and to lessen unduly competition in the sale of Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries in Canada and elsewhere.
The action seeks to recover the overcharge that class members paid for Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries during the period of January 1, 2002 to January 1, 2012.
The named defendants are:
- Hitachi Canada, Ltd.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Hitachi-Maxell, Ltd.
- LG Chem America, Inc.
- LG Chem Ltd.
- LG Electronics Canada,
- Maxell Canada
- Maxell Corporation of America
- Panasonic Corp.
- Panasonic Corporation of North America
- Panasonic Canada Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
- Samsung SDI America, Inc.
- Samsung SDI (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Mexico, S.A. de C.V.,
- Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
- Sanyo North America Corporation
- Shanghai Samsung SVA Electronic Devices Co., Ltd.
- Sony Corporation
- Sony of Canada Ltd.
- Sony Electronics, Inc.
- Sony Energy Devices Corporation
- Tianjin Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.
For more information please contact Sharon Wong, Paralegal at (604) 689-7555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BACK TO TOP