Our lawyers and staff are actively involved in community development projects both here at home and abroad.
Some of our activities include:
- Axel Merkx Penticton Gran Fondo (July 7, 2013). Joe Fiorante, Q.C. will be doing his 2nd year of the gruelling 160km race, raising funds for Project Somos. Last year, through the generosity of his sponsors, Joe personally raised $4,895 and hopes that this year is just as successful! For more news on the progress of Project Somos and their efforts in Guatemala, click here.
- The Ride to Conquer Cancer (June 15-16, 2013). Michelle Fairhurst rode once again and finished the two day, 240 km ride from Vancouver to Seattle with an even more impressive time of 10 hours and 10 minutes. Another great result from Michelle! This year’s Ride raised a total of $10.4 million dollars and Michelle has already signed up for next year’s race.
- Axel Merkx Penticton Gran Fondo (July 8, 2012). The Gran Fondo is a gruelling 160km race that Joe Fiorante, Q.C., completed with Team Project Somos. Through the generosity of his sponsors, Joe personally raised $4,895! Joe would like to thank everyone who sponsored him in the race.
- Tough Mudder Challenge (June 23, 2012). We are so proud of Jen Winstanley for entering and FINISHING(!) the Tough Mudder Challenge in Whistler, BC. The race includes obstacles with names such as “Death March”, “Kiss of Death”, “Arctic Enema”, “Boa Constrictor”, “Trench Warfare” and “”Cliffhanger”. These courses are set up around the world, are approximately 16-19 kms long and were designed by British Special Forces. The events include mud, fire, ice-water and 10,000 volts of electricity. Now that’s tough! Way to go Jen!!
- The Ride to Conquer Cancer (June 16-17, 2012). Our fearless road warrior, Michelle Fairhurst, finished the two day, 240 km ride Ride to End Cancer from Vancouver to Seattle with a total time of 10 hours and 15 minutes. Simply amazing from a simply amazing woman!! This year’s Ride raised a record total of $11.2 million dollars.
- BMO Half Marathon (May 6, 2012). Valiant members of our staff ran the half-marathon this year: Melina Buckley, Linnae Roach, Sabrina Sylvester, Melissa Tapia-Liebowitz and Jennifer Winstanley.
- Open House/Silent Auction (December 2011). The event helped raise money for the Access Pro Bono Society and Project Somos
- Staff Christmas Toy Drive (December 2011). Instead of purchasing gifts for each other, we had a lot of fun working with the Vancouver Christmas Bureau to buy toys for lots of deserving kids in Vancouver.
- RBC Gran Fondo (September 10, 2011). Joe Fiorante, Q.C. rode for Team Project Somos and raised funds for their ongoing efforts in Guatemala.
BACK TO TOP